CUT’s Annual Career Fair is a fantastic opportunity for recruiters of companies to hand-pick the next employee(s), by enlisting innovative career orientated graduates.
Dates of the Career Fairs
- Bloemfontein campus: 07 May 2019
- Welkom campus: 14 May 2019
Registration form for Exhibitors
The Careers Office equips students with the necessary competencies to successfully compete in the highly competitive labour market and to connect graduates with employers in different sectors of the economy. The following services are offered:
- Job hunting skills
- Mock Interviews – an opportunity to improve on interview skills/experience
- Graduate recruitment that involves the following:
- Arranging on-campus company presentations and networking events
- Organising an annual Career Fair on both campuses
- Distributing career and job related information
- Maintaining a student CV data base
- Maintaining employer data base
- Keeping a careers library with e-careers resources
- Managing the Student Temporary Employment Programme (STEP), where needy students get the opportunity to work on campus
Connecting industry and CUT graduates!
You are on an AWARD Winning webpage!
In 2017, CUT won a MACE Merit Award in recognition of outstanding performance among practitioners in Higher, Technical and Vocational Education and Training in the media division for this webpage.
Outshine your peers in the job market by preparing yourself. Our experts have compiled information to assist you from start to finish – including our budding entrepreneurs!
- Rhode Rosita
- Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3446
- View details
- Part-time employment
- A degree and a deep desire to work isn’t always enough in South Africa
- The most desired skills for student candidates
- Top Skills employers are looking for
- Online Ready for Work Programme
- What is the difference between Job Hunting and Career Search?
- Industry Trends in South Africa | Salary Trends
- Job search strategies
- Potential sources of employment opportunities
- Websites for jobseekers
- Leverage LinkedIn to find a career
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Resume
- 5 Critical steps in writing your CV
- CV vs Resume: What is the Difference? When to Use Which
- Will employers check your references?
- CV Format
- e-CUT Portfolio
- Convince the employer
- The elevator pitch
- 10 Common interview questions and answers
- Are you the best candidate for the job?
- Dress for success
- Virtual interview
Recruitment and the Workplace
- Psychometric tests as recruitment method
- Your first day in a new job
- How to write a professional e-mail
- Tips on office etiquette
- Overcome procrastination
- How leaders should plan their career
- How to set and achieve goals
- Cornerstones of building a successful team
- Different types of workplace training
- Career Fair Success
- Graduate Attributes
Partners join hands to educate youth in Free State on electionsCUT News Support Services Students Partnerships
The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT), the Free State Legislature in partnership with...
Hotel School honours top studentsFaculty of Management Sciences Hospitality Management CUT News Teaching and Learning Students
From left is Ms Grethé Muller, acting Head of the CUT Hotel School with the 2018 Best Third-year students,...
CUT strives to produce competent graduatesFaculty of Humanities Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology Faculty of Management Sciences CUT News Students CILT
Prof. Henk de Jager, Vice-Chancellor and Principal handing over a well-deserved prize to Rethabile Moletsane....