Residences have full-time Residence Managers who manage the facilities and are supported by a Warden and Sub-wardens.
NB: If you experience any problems with residence telephone numbers, call +27 (0)51 507 3911.
To maximize the housing system’s educational value, as well as to unite student life and learning, the residence leadership strives to:
- Encourage first-year students to participate in the existing academic support programmes for identified risk subjects offered by the Centre of Counselling;
- Establish smaller study groups in the residences emanating from above in co-operation with the Centre of Counselling;
- Involve academic and support staff regularly in student programmes in residences;
- Instil responsibility towards the community through community services.
Situated on campus
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3175
Situated on campus
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3171
Mannheim is situated on the corner of King Edward road and Ella streets, within walking distance of CUT Bloemfontein Campus.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3161
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 4175
Situated on campus
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3170
Loggies is situated on the corner of Goddard and Saltzman Streets, within walking distance of the CUT Bloemfontein Campus.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3247
Mannheim is situated on the corner of King Edward road and Ella streets, within walking distance of the CUT campus.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3594
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 4182
- Ready prepared meals are available in the Cafeteria in the Lapeng Student Centre.
- Students are also allowed to prepare food in the residences.
- CUT Bloemfontein Campus is located within walking distance from Loch Logan Waterfront, one of the city’s major malls.
|Bed and mattress|
|Desk and chair|
|Wifi available in all residences|
Available in residence
|Learning and living areas|
Items needed for on campus living (check list)
Cleaning and washing agents
Handy Andy, soap powder for automatic washing machines, fabric softener, Clothes-pegs, laundry bag, bucket (plastic).
Coffee, tea, milk powder, sugar, soft drinks.
Duvet or bedspread, extra blanket in winter, pillow, sheets and pillowcases.
Portable radio, alarm clock, iron, electrical extension cord, double-adapter plug, bedside lamp, and chargers for phones, tablets, etc.
Students who belong to organisations that attend camps as part of their programme must bring sleeping bags, cutlery and crockery.
Residence matters to note:
- Students are responsible for the washing and ironing of their own laundry and/or linen.
- No refrigerators and/or freezers may be kept without permission.
- No kettles are allowed. Boiling water is available.
- Students are responsible for their own medication for injuries and illnesses, such as allergies, colds and flu, etc.
- Students may be in possession of cars. Parking is at the student’s own risk.
Only students who have been accepted academically by the CUT may apply.
Application forms for Residences at CUT must reach the Residence Office by the closing dates indicated below. Residence application forms that are not submitted directly to the office will not be processed. Forms can be submitted via the CUT website or check the form for other submission options.
Students will be placed based on the availability as our residences have limited space.
The boarding fees payable by students annually or per semester covers only their accommodation for the duration of the academic quarter.
Applications will open and close on the dates indicated below for residences.
|Applications for||Open for Submission||Closing Date|
|2nd Semester||1 April||30 April|
|2020||1 August||31 August|
|First-years applying have no closing date.|
Please note: The Central University of Technology takes no responsibility for private accommodation that is external to the university. These options are listed to assist and are not accredited or endorsed by CUT.
Make sure to:
- Visit the site of the accommodation before committing to the property.
- Ask questions about safety, cost of water and lights, and any additional extras such as parking etc.
Traveling to Bloemfontein for a conference, seminar, workshop or a school/university tour group and need affordable accommodation?
Why not stay on campus, and enjoy the following advantages:
- Centrally situated campus
- Affordable rates
- Accommodation for large groups
- Enjoy well-manicured grounds and social areas of campus
- 24hr Security
- On campus cafeteria
- Within easy walking distance of the Loch Logan Waterfront
When are the facilities open? During the residences closed recesses for academic term, see year programme.