CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUT #JerusalemaChallengeCUT News
To celebrate Heritage Day, we have joined millions of South Africans in taking up the Jerusalema Dance...
For the love of food - CUT lecturer chats about her careerFaculty of Management Sciences CUT News Teaching and Learning
Dr Lisa-Mari Coughlan is a senior lecturer at the Central University of Technology Hotel School. Earlier...
CUT students showcase at Turbine Art Fair 2020CUT News Students Teaching and Learning
Three CUT students recently showcased their artwork at the Turbine Art Fair 2020, an online art exhibition...