CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
Higher Education during the pandemic - CUT expert part of the symposium panelCUT News Leadership Support Services
On 28 June 2022 a group of higher education experts participated in an online symposium discussing student...
CUT employees from humble beginnings to greatnessCUT News Support Services
The Central University of Technology continues to acknowledge and support its employees who are always...
Enactus CUT hosts worm farming expo to create awareness of the importance of worms in sustainable farmingCUT News Community Engagement Students
In June 2022, Enactus CUT in collaboration with the Community Engagement Unit hosted the 2nd worm farming...