CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUT at a Glance
The institutional symbol
Useful Phrases (spelling and usage)
Download CUT logos and colours (CI)
Honorary Degrees Awarded
CUT and SA Human Rights Commission sign MoU to collaborate on the basic rights and freedoms of our communityCUT News Partnerships Leadership
Photo: CUT Vice-Chancellor and Principal Prof. Pamela Dube and Mr Thabang Kheswa, Provincial Manager:...
CUT Bloemfontein campus officially opens its gates for the 2023 academic yearCUT News Leadership Students
The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) Bloemfontein campus officially welcomed its students...
CUT and the Rural Education Access Programme formalises their relationship in an MoU signingCUT News Research and Innovation Leadership Partnerships
Photo: From left: Ms Ndileka Booi, Head of student support: REAP, Prof. Pamela Dube: Vice-Chancellor...