CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUT’s gorgeous Hotel School building glass roof is a sight to behold!Management Sciences Hospitality Management CUT News Support Services
It is a start of a new dawn for the CUT Hotel School as it recently embarked on a journey to revamp the...
CUT bids farewell to Registrar MrwetyanaCUT News Leadership
The Central University of Technology bids farewell to Dr Nothemba Pinky Mrwetyana to bring to an end...
Enactus CUT win awards at the 2021 national competition and progress to final roundCUT News Students
Once a year, a group of business, student, and academic leaders from across the country gather to showcase...