CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUT launches Welkom Campus Expansion ProjectCUT News Support Services Leadership Welkom Campus
Photo: Mr Hlobohang Mokhomo, MMC Finance in Matjhabeng Local Municipality; Cllr Nonie Mokose, CUT Councillor;...
CUT held an International Partnership Workshop to develop targeted and strategic region-specific action plansCUT News International Leadership
Photo: From left: Mr Leolyn Jackson, Director Centre for Global Engagement, Dr Samia Chasi, Manager:...
German Ambassador unpacks his new collaboration plans for CUTCUT News Leadership Partnerships International
Photo: His Excellency Andreas Peschke, German Ambassador to South Africa sharing his collaboration plan.During...