CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUTbrU overall winners of Brewing and Tasting IntervarsityFaculty of Health and Environmental Sciences CUT News Research and Innovation
The Central University of Technology, Free State’s beer brewing team, CUTbrU have won the best IPA category...
Innovation and Collaborations discussed at CUT’s 5th Research Collaboration SymposiumCUT News Research and Innovation
With the world rapidly changing and the Fourth Industrial Revolution being a hot topic, ideas are needed...
CUT is the first in SA to offer new accounting degreeFaculty of Management Sciences Accounting and Auditing CUT News Teaching and Learning
The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) is pleased to announce that the Central...