CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUT proud of Chancellor Justice Molemela for her recommendation to the Constitutional CourtCUT News Leadership
The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) congratulates CUT Chancellor, Madam Justice Mahube...
FNB CUT Ixias claim third consecutive Free State Derby in Varsity CupCUT News Sport Students
Game at full time: CUT Ixias 31 (21) to FNB UFS Shimlas 24 (7)FNB CUT claimed a third consecutive Bloemfontein...
CUT Virtual Official Opening 2021CUT News Leadership
The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) officially commences with the 2021 academic year...