CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
Resources on the role and function of UoTs
- Position, role and function of Universities of Technology in SA (PDF)
- Universities of Technology - Deepening the Debate 2010 (PDF)
CUT and Samsung Electronics South Africa forge a new allianceCUT News Partnerships Leadership
CUT and Samsung Electronics South Africa signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 17 November 2022,...
CUT and Centlec collaborate to further improve employees’ skillsCUT News Leadership Research and Innovation Teaching and Learning
The Central University of Technology and electricity distributor, Centlec have signed a memorandum of...
CUT and University West solidify existing relations at the MoU signingCUT News Leadership Research and Innovation International
CUT and the University West (UW) have solidified their long-standing ties at the recent MoU signing....