The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) works in collaboration with various stakeholders, namely faculties, students, management, and external partners to create an environment that fosters and offers opportunities for staff development and students experience enhanced.
The Centre has the following units focusing on academic staff development and student development, namely:
- the unit for Curriculum and Academic Staff Development (CASD)
- eLearning and Educational Technology (eLET),
- Student Academic Development and Support (SADS) - SADS hosts the Disability Unit and the Writing Centre.
- Improve student success by enhancing academic staff’s capacity in teaching and learning through continuous professional development.
- Ensure development of new innovative academic programmes and transformation of existing programmes that are responsive to various contexts as well as students’ needs.
- Support and enhance the student learning experience by creating an enabling learning environment.
- Create a technology enabled learning and teaching environment.
- Empower lecturers and students to effectively utilise online and educational technology
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning through data driven research and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Coordinate and manage the external grants and related projects for academic development and support.
CILT aspires be a leading Teaching and Learning Centre directed by innovative and research driven practices in teaching and learning for student success.
Engaged and committed to quality learning and teaching practices.
To promote a learner-centred approach as a philosophy that must underpin all teaching and learning, as well as practices aimed at moulding a CUT graduate as outlined in the CUT Teaching and Learning Plan (2021 – 2025). To achieve this, the university should continuously nurture an environment that places students at the centre of learning. CILT is committed to develop lecturers as university teachers and promotes the development of an enabling environment as mechanisms to support the adopted teaching and learning philosophy.
Ubuntu adopted as a CUT core value underpins activities within CILT.Uploaded: 24 August 2022
- Dire Claudia
- Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3463
- View details
- Malebo Ntsoaki
- Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3245
- View details
Special Projects (Teaching and Learning)
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
CUT and DHET met to discuss the University’s Capacity Development ProgrammeCUT News CILT Teaching and Learning
The Central University of Technology hosted the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) on...
CUT champions inclusivity with assistive device product development for differently-abled community membersCUT News CILT PDTS Community Engagement Research and Innovation
CUT is living up to its Vision 2030, which states that it will be the leading African University of Technology...
CUT lecturers lauded for helpfulness to differently-abled students whilst applied research has now delivered cutting edge assistive devices – changing livesCUT News CILT PDTS Community Engagement Research and Innovation
The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) Disability Unit and the Product Development Technology...
7th Annual International Conference on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) in Higher Education
- 6 - 07 October 2022