Uploaded: 24 August 2022
The office of Special Projects has the following portfolio:
- Manage and monitor the implementation of the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) projects such as University Capacity Development programme/Grant (UCDP/G) and the New Generation of Academics Programme (nGAP), and the Nurturing Emerging Scholars programme (NESP).
- Supports UCDG Project leaders with implementation plans of their projects.
- Supports staff members that enrolled for postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDip HE).
- Compile DHET annual reports.
- Attend CREST-DHET training on Management Information Systems (MIS), which is the new reporting system for all 12 UCDG projects.
- Organise UCDP/G Advisory Committee meetings to reflect on the projects that are funded under the UCDG, to give progress to stakeholders and flag if there are challenges, report on the impact of these particular projects, to indicate where we are going in terms of future plans, and to hear from the stakeholders, what is it that we can do to improve our offerings and the services we give to them and our partners.
- Work with Teaching & Leaning Coordinators for promotion and sending academics on Industry Exposure.
- Organise Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching Annual Conference.
- Coordinate the Graduate Attributes project.
- Coordinate student orientation.
- Management of the Writing Centre
- Produce the annual report for the Centre Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT).
- Coordinate policy analysis and implementation.
- Coordinate research on teaching development projects to enhance teaching and learning.
Manager Special Projects (DHET Projects)
- Mehlala Samkelo
- Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3136
- View details
Secretary to Manager Special Projects
- Reginah Letea
- Tel: +27(0)51 507 4115
- View details
More InformationCentre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT)
Student Academic Development and Support (SADS)
Disability Unit (DU)