CUT’s Annual Career Fair is a fantastic opportunity for recruiters of companies to hand-pick the next employee(s), by enlisting innovative career orientated graduates.
Dates of the Career Fairs
- Bloemfontein campus: 07 May 2019
- Welkom campus: 14 May 2019
Registration form for Exhibitors
The Careers Office equips students with the necessary competencies to successfully compete in the highly competitive labour market and to connect graduates with employers in different sectors of the economy. The following services are offered:
- Job hunting skills
- Mock Interviews – an opportunity to improve on interview skills/experience
- Graduate recruitment that involves the following:
- Arranging on-campus company presentations and networking events
- Organising an annual Career Fair on both campuses
- Distributing career and job related information
- Maintaining a student CV data base
- Maintaining employer data base
- Keeping a careers library with e-careers resources
- Managing the Student Temporary Employment Programme (STEP), where needy students get the opportunity to work on campus
Connecting industry and CUT graduates!
You are on an AWARD Winning webpage!
In 2017, CUT won a MACE Merit Award in recognition of outstanding performance among practitioners in Higher, Technical and Vocational Education and Training in the media division for this webpage.
Outshine your peers in the job market by preparing yourself. Our experts have compiled information to assist you from start to finish – including our budding entrepreneurs! Find categories of interest on the right in the 'More Information' section.
- Rhode Rosita
- Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3446
- View details
- How to Network while at University/College (10+ Networking Tips)
- Part-time employment
- A degree and a deep desire to work isn’t always enough in South Africa
- The most desired skills for student candidates
- Top Skills employers are looking for
- Online Ready for Work Programme
- What is the difference between Job Hunting and Career Search?
- Industry Trends in South Africa | Salary Trends
- Job search strategies
- Potential sources of employment opportunities
- Websites for jobseekers
- Leverage LinkedIn to find a career
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Resume
- 5 Critical steps in writing your CV
- CV vs Resume: What is the Difference? When to Use Which
- Will employers check your references?
- CV Format
- e-CUT Portfolio
- Convince the employer
- The elevator pitch
- 10 Common interview questions and answers
- Are you the best candidate for the job?
- Dress for success
- Virtual interview
Recruitment and the Workplace
- Psychometric tests as recruitment method
- Your first day in a new job
- How to write a professional e-mail
- Tips on office etiquette
- Overcome procrastination
- How leaders should plan their career
- How to set and achieve goals
- Cornerstones of building a successful team
- Different types of workplace training
- Career Fair Success
- Graduate Attributes
CUT students collaborate with Mangaung Metro to conduct Environmental Health survey at Joe Slovo Square townshipFaculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Life Sciences CUT News Students
CUT students from the Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences, in partnership with Mangaung Metropolitan...
Scholars create space for southern narratives on teaching and learning at the 5th SoTL Conference hosted by CUTCUT News CILT Teaching and Learning
The conference was attended by local and international presenters’ from universities such as the University...
To CUT, fostering a conducive teaching culture means student successFaculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology CUT News Teaching and Learning CILT
Culture is a critical component of any learning environment, and the era of teaching and learning as...