Calling all Innovative Entrepreneurial 2021 Matriculants!
This competition is for young aspiring entrepreneurs from the Free State and Northern Cape provinces.
Through taking part the participants will gain real-life experience in developing a business plan and pitching ideas to potential investors.
Real-life experience means problems. Learn how to problem-solve and make decisions as well as interpersonal skills and teamwork.
Scared of public speaking? We got you.
Develop your entrepreneurial skills.
Learn all of this and more during the course of the competition.
PRIZES TO BE WON!
There are categories for awarding prizes which will be announced. Prizes to the top 5 finalists are:
1st prize R 20 000
2nd prize R 15 500
3rd prize R 12 000
4th prize R 8 500
5th prize R 5 000
Sounds like something you would like to do?
First, are you eligible?
Grade 11 learners who will enter Grade 12 in 2021.
How does it work
Keep this criteria in mind as you put together a written proposal:
- Is there a need for this business?
- Clearly identify the target market for your idea.
- Make sure we can see your business is unique and innovative.
- Identify your key activities and resources for the value proposition.
- Demonstrate the value of the business for the customer.
- Demonstrate the operational aspects of the business idea.
- Demonstrate your drive to make the business work.
- Show your financial projections for the business. Include your important costs inherent to the business model and how you will generate enough income to be sustainable.
The submission of your idea:
- Impress the judges with your idea, the research you have done, your business sense and the potential you see for it. You will submit a 3-page written proposal.
- Submission closing date will be communicated to registered learners.
- Entries can be submitted either by completing the entry form below.
- All entries will be reviewed by an expert adjudication panel.
- 50 qualifying entries will be selected and provided with training to refine their business plans in preparation for the final presentation.
- Applications are accepted from individuals or groups up to a maximum of 5 participants per group.
- The closing date of the competition has been extended to 30 October 2020.
The outcome of the competition will be communicated to selected entrants only. Should you not hear from us by the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Complete the entry form
Uploaded: 09 October 2020
CUT Alumnus awarded prestigious 2020 Rhodes ScholarshipFaculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology CUT News Alumni
24-year-old Tinashe Ngwenya has recently earned the 2020 Rhodes Scholarship to pursue a master's degree...
Protective Perspex easy assemble screen designed by CUT Lecturer meets WHO requirementsFaculty of Humanities CUT News Research and Innovation
“I just made one for myself,” Gerhard Beukes, Mechanical Technology Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics,...
Academics reflect on teaching and learning practices at the 5th annual SoTL Conference at CUTCUT News CILT
COVID-19 has no doubt affected how universities operate, bringing forth new challenges and experiences...