|Diploma : Design and Studio Art||
Duration of Programme
Additional Admission Requirements
For candidates who matriculated in 2007 or before:
National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification.
For candidates who completed the NSC in 2008 and thereafter:
In addition to the general admission requirements, candidates must submit a portfolio of their work. Visual Art is recommended.
Visual Arts; fashion; advertising; communications; packaging; jewellery; illustration and multi-media.
The information presented below is the criteria that the Department of Design and Studio Art uses to select and admit students for the purpose of studying towards the Diploma in Design and Studio Art. Carefully read through these guidelines and feel free to contact the Department if you have any questions.
All prospective students must apply for admission in accordance with the Policies and Procedures.
In addition to the general admission requirements of the CUT, candidates will be subjected to a selection process specifically designed and set for admission to the Diploma offered in the Department of Design and Studio Art.
All candidates will furthermore be placed on a waiting list until they have completed an assessment test. The assessment test will involve the following:
- the submission of a portfolio that has been designed to test candidates’ drawing ability, imagination, sensitivity to colour and proportion, design skills and general ability to communicate on a visual level;
- a personal interview;
- an assessment of practical skills to be completed by the candidate;
- and an M Score of 27 points or higher.
- Candidates not meeting the requirement stipulated in par. 3(d) above may be requested to complete psychometric tests to determine their potential. These tests will be conducted on the CUT campus in Bloemfontein.
- In cases where candidates’ applications have been unsuccessful, they can decide on one of the following options:
- Application for admittance to the Extended Curriculum Programme of Design and Studio Art.
- Application for admission at the Motheo College or any other college where N3 and N4 courses are offered in art and design. After successful completion of these courses at any of these colleges, candidates should in most cases be competent to be admitted to their first year of study.
|1ST YEAR||2ND YEAR||3RD YEAR||INSTRUCTIONAL OFFERINGS|
|LCS5001||Academic Literacy and Communication Studies|
|DLC5011||Basic Digital Literacy|
|PIM5011||Personal Information Management|
|DDS5001||2D and 3D Design|
|DSA5022||Work Integrated learning|
|DSA6023||Work Integrated Learning|
For more information contact: Department of Design and Studio Art