The 4th International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
CUT Hotel School
11 - 13 April 2023 | Hotel School, Central University of Technology, Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
We are hosting our 4th International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development (ICED) from 11 - 13 April 2023. We call upon academics, researchers, postgraduate students, and industry experts/practitioners to submit your papers.
Aim of the Conference
Given the diverse challenges that currently confront firms in advancing sustainable entrepreneurship, regardless of their nature and size, they must tap into the enhancements made available by digitisation to increase their chances of survival, growth and long-term sustainability in a post-COVID-19 pandemic era. We invite conference delegates, authors, researchers, and the extended academic community to submit theoretically grounded and empirically sound papers demonstrating how businesses can exploit technological advancements and digitisation to transform their organisational processes and practices to sustain themselves into the post-pandemic future.
Call for Papers
We call upon academics, researchers, postgraduate students, industry experts and practitioners to submit your papers before the due dates indicated below.
Our last conference, held virtually on 9 – 10 September 2021, had papers from local and international delegates and reputable international speakers from Australia.
With your support, we expect this year’s in-person conference will be a massive success. There will also be a pre-conference workshop that will allow practising entrepreneurs to share their entrepreneurial journeys.
Download the full call for papers and conference details (PDF) | 24 October 2022
Conference Publication Opportunities
In addition to the conference proceedings, the best papers from this conference will be considered for publication in the “Special Issues” of the Journal of New Generation Sciences (JNGS).
Sustainopreneurship: the role of digitisation in a post-pandemic South Africa
- Cyber security and cyberattacks and their impacts on corporate and small firms
- Small business innovation disruptions and dysfunctions
- Human capacity development and strategies for addressing shortages in high-end skills
- Institutional frameworks for addressing institutional voids and burdensome regulation
- Political risks, service delivery and civic unrest
- Public infrastructure decays, breakdowns and public accountability
- Red tape and compliance costs for small businesses
- Post pandemic scenarios in the context of public governance and accountability
- Digital innovations, digital transformations, and digital technologies
- Climate change and sustainable entrepreneurship strategies
- Human resources information systems
- The mental health of entrepreneurs operating corporate and small firms
Dates and Deadlines
|20 October 2022||Conference call opens for submission of WIP, abstracts or full papers.|
|02 February 2023||Final submission of Abstracts and Work in Progress.|
|28 February 2023||Notification of accepted abstracts, WIP & full papers after double-blind peer review.|
|20 March 2023||Final submission of full papers.|
|31 March 2023||Registration and conference fee payment deadline.|
Submission: Abstract | Work in Progress | Full Papers
Submission of abstracts, WIP and full papers
Register to Attend
Complete the Registration Form
- Formal invoice is obtained from Ms Lindiwe Towa, email@example.com.
- Conference fee payment is to be made into the account details above.
- Proof of payment is to be e-mailed to Ms R Mosala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration opens 20 October 2022.
Students: R2 000
Standard fee for all other delegates: R3 500
Payment of conference fees
The registration fees for the conference are to be deposited at First National Bank (FNB) with the following details:
|Bank||First National Bank (FNB)|
|Account Name||Central University of Technology, Free State|
|Reference||4100126 ICED followed by your name and surname|
Important information for the submission of papers
- All abstracts, work in progress and full papers subjected to double-blind review will be emailed back as soon as possible.
Previously presented papers/abstracts will not be accepted.
- No author will be allowed to present more than two papers.
If the paper has two authors, only one must register.
ICED Organising Committee
Scientific Committee Chair
Prof. P Rambe, email@example.com
Dr J van Zyl
Dr S Adewumi
Prof. F van der Walt
Prof. NM Naong
Dr L Steenkamp
Dr D Crowther
Mrs B de Klerk
Ms R Mosala,firstname.lastname@example.org
CUT and partner FSPG extends digital skills to the community through the NEMISA CoLabCUT News Partnerships
The Central University of Technology, in collaboration with the Free State Provincial Government (FSPG)...
CUT netball star gets selected to represent South Africa in MalawiCUT News Students Sport
First-year Information Technology student, Munzhedzi Ravele, was selected to represent South Africa in...
CUT’s Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences hosts Annual Public LectureHealth and Environmental Sciences CUT News Research and Innovation
The Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences (FHES) held their first hybrid annual Public Lecture...