The 3rd International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
8 – 10 September 2021 | Central University of Technology, Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
We are hosting our 3rd International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development (ICED) from 8 to 10 September 2021, virtually. We call upon academics, researchers, postgraduate students, industry experts/practitioners to submit your papers by the due date indicated below.
Aim of the Conference
To bring together early career researchers, experienced researchers, academics, postgraduate students and practitioners in entrepreneurship development and small business research in sub–Saharan Africa to share their research and experiences in the ever-changing turbulent environment.
Our last conference held in Bloemfontein on 3-4 April 2019 had papers that met the South African Department of Higher Education (DHET) requirements. This was a milestone achievement for us, and we expect that this year’s virtual conference will be a huge success with your support.
In addition to the conference proceedings, best papers from this conference will be considered for publication in the following journals’ Special Issues:
Entrepreneurship for transformative change and social impact in sub–Saharan Africa
- Informal entrepreneurship
- Artisanal entrepreneurship
- Rural entrepreneurship
- Tourism entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial, cooperative networks and social capital
- Entrepreneurship education and entrepreneurial intentions
- Digital entrepreneurship for rural transformation
- Social entrepreneurship in various economies*
- Innovative financing of SMMEs in various economies*
- New approaches to entrepreneurial leadership
- New insights into innovation in SMMEs
- New forms of ventures in various economies*.
- Trends in youth empowerment and entrepreneurship
- The convergence of gender, science and technology and entrepreneurship
- Emerging strategies of SMME businesses
- New constructions and conceptual understanding of formal and informal dichotomy of small and micro enterprises (SMEs)
- University entrepreneurship ecosystems
|08 September 2021||Welcome, Workshops on publishing in JNGS & JSMBE (17:00)|
|09 September 2021||Conference day 1: Welcome, keynote speaker 1 & parallel sessions|
|10 September 2021||Conference day 2: Keynote speaker 2 & parallel sessions|
Dates and Deadlines
|08 March 2021||Registration and submission of abstracts, work in progress or full papers open.|
|30 June 2021||Abstracts (not more than 250 words).|
|30 June 2021||Work in Progress (600 words).|
|15 July 2021||Notification of accepted abstracts and full papers after double blind peer review.|
|15 August 2021||Final submission of full papers (20 pages).|
|30 August 2021||Registration and conference fee payment deadline.|
Register to Attend
Complete the Registration Form.
- Formal invoice is obtainable from Dr R Matikiti, email@example.com or Ms R Mosala, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conference fee payment to be made into the account details below.
- Proof of payment to be e-mailed to Dr R Matikiti, email@example.com.
R 500 per delegate.
Payment of conference fees
The registration fees for the conference are to be deposited at First National Bank (FNB) with the following details:
|Bank||First National Bank (FNB)|
|Account Name||Central University of Technology, Free State|
|Reference||4212 / 7010 followed by your name and surname.|
Important information for the submission of papers
- All submissions will be done here, on the conference webpage.
- All abstracts, work in progress and full subjected to double-blind review will be e-mailed back as soon as possible.
- Previously presented papers/abstract will be not accepted.
- No author will be allowed to present more than two papers.
- If the paper has two authors, only one must register.
Submissions: Abstract | Work in Progress | Full Papers
ICED Organising Committee
Prof. DY Dzansi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. C Chipunza, email@example.com
Scientific Committee Chair
Prof. P Rambe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Issues Contact Details
Prof. P Rambe, email@example.com
Prof. D Kokt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper Review Process
Dr E Saker, email@example.com
Prof. T van Niekerk
Prof. F van der Walt
Prof. NM Naong
Dr D Crowther
Dr J Hattingh
CUT’s gorgeous Hotel School building glass roof is a sight to behold!Management Sciences Hospitality Management CUT News Support Services
It is a start of a new dawn for the CUT Hotel School as it recently embarked on a journey to revamp the...
CUT bids farewell to Registrar MrwetyanaCUT News Leadership
The Central University of Technology bids farewell to Dr Nothemba Pinky Mrwetyana to bring to an end...
Enactus CUT win awards at the 2021 national competition and progress to final roundCUT News Students
Once a year, a group of business, student, and academic leaders from across the country gather to showcase...