The Internal Audit Student Chapter intends to advocate for Internal Auditing students to have relevant issues affecting them to be addressed and also to promote integrity, professionalism and dignity of the profession to students.
The two top B.Tech Internal Auditing students and Mr J Steyn (Coordinator: Internal Auditing) attended the 17th Southern African Internal Audit conference in Sandton, Johannesburg from 11 to 12 August 2014.
The Chapter intends to benefit its stakeholders (students) through achievement of the following objectives:
- Promote the dissemination of knowledge and information concerning Internal Auditing and related subjects.
- Provide exposure to the profession of Internal Auditing and opportunities such as informing students about professional accreditation and certification offered by The Institute of Internal Auditors SA;
- Provide a platform that creates access to internal audit resources and information to students.
- Plan and organise seminars, conferences, presentations, debates and other networking events; to educate and empower students.
- Promote professional body and student chapter membership and participation;
- Create forums for peer sharing ideas and a problem solving environment, on issues such as coping mechanisms upon entry into the field; and
- Promote and encourage academic excellence of respective student chapter members.
- Exposure to current state of the arts development through organised events.
- Network and get motivated with individuals already in the field.
- Informing students about professional accreditation and certification offered by The Institute of Internal Auditors SA and also on how to become a member of The Institute of Internal Auditors SA.
Any individual who subscribes to the purpose and basic policies of the Chapter may become a member of the Chapter, subject to compliance with the provisions of the constitution. No student who meets the criteria for membership can be denied membership on basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, or sexual preference.
- Be a registered Internal Auditing student for the current academic year.
- Submit application form (no charge).
- Membership will be subjected to annual renewal.
- Student membership of The Institute of Internal Auditors SA is strongly recommended.
Prof. Van Niekerk delivers her inaugural address on Ethics, Oversight, and Accountability: Efficacy and FailureManagement Sciences CUT News Teaching and Learning Research and Innovation
Photo: Prof. Tryna Van Niekerk and family. From Left is Ms R Maas, Mr W Nel, Ms E Maree, Mr H Maree,...
CUT academic reaches the pinnacle of academic hierarchy and scholarshipManagement Sciences CUT News Teaching and Learning Research and Innovation Leadership
From left to right: Prof. Albert Strydom: Dean of Management Sciences; Prof. Alfred Ngowi, Deputy Vice-Chancellor:...
CUT rolls out the first-of-its-kind short course in renewable energy to refine the skills of subject advisors and STEM teachers in Free State ProvinceEngineering, Built Environment and Information Technology CUT News Teaching and Learning Partnerships
Photo: Dr Sandile Koko, Senior Lecture: Electrical Engineering, demonstrates the PV System’s operation.Renewable...