Be sure all is in order for the big day:
- The form Issuing of a certificate/ diploma/degree (LS120.3) must be completed by the graduate.
- Check the graduate list (updated weekly on Thursday mornings) whether your name reflects as possible or confirmed graduate.
Diplomates and Graduates
The following arrangements for the graduation ceremonies:
September Graduation: the venue will be Bloemfontein Campus.
Mr Petrus Sekomere | +27 (0) 57 910 3672 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Fransmey Burger | + 27 (0) 57 910 3665 | email@example.com
Before the ceremony
All graduates: everyone now wears the mortar boards (academic cap – flat square and tassel on top). Please be sure to order when you complete the attire form.
- Academic Attire: Hiring and Purchasing of Academic Attire (PDF) - this is a service delivered by an external provider (contact, Assessment and Graduation Unit).
- Pick-up your academic attire from the Artec Hall a day or two before the ceremony.
- Walking across the stage: A video is available to show you exactly how the graduation ceremony will commence.
- View the Graduation Ceremony Guidance video.
- Photos: Should you require on stage professional photos: ensure your form for the photography (stage photos) (PDF) has been completed and the necessary payment has been made – this is a service delivered by an external provider.
- Should you want to order photos after the ceremony (graduate with family) (PDF) it is possible – the same form as the one for stage photos above.
On the day of the ceremony
- Every student may bring 2 guests to the graduation. No children are allowed.
- Your nametag and seat number indicating your reserved seat in the Boet Troskie Hall will be issued at the Boet Troskie Hall at between 12:00 and 13:30. This is your ticket to the ceremony – without such a name card you will not be allowed to attend the ceremony.
- All students who will be having degrees/diplomas/certificates conferred upon them are kindly requested to take their seats at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the ceremony.
September Graduation: All doors of the Boet Troskie Hall will be closed 10 minutes before the commencement of the ceremony, after which time no persons will be allowed into the hall. The doors will remain closed until the end of the ceremony and candidates must remain seated until the end of the ceremony.
To ease traffic congestion on Bloemfontein campus
Important notice to our graduates, friends and family for Bloemfontein campus: arrive at the campus early (± 1 to 1½ hours before your ceremony). We have large numbers of graduates per ceremony. Come early and miss the rush.
Venue doors will close 10 minutes before the commencement of the official ceremony.
Enter through the Park Road main gate, and exit through the Victoria Road gate. Traffic direction boards will assist you on the day. Please allow for enough time when travelling to the venue.
|Ms Charné Swanepoel | +27 (0) 51 507 3509 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Elizabeth Phantsi | +27 (0) 51 507 3068 | email@example.com|
|Ms Merriam Madiya | +27 (0) 51 507 3035 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Retha Hattingh | +27 (0) 51 507 3034 | email@example.com |
|Mr Ben Waterboer | +27 (0) 51 507 3065 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Binkie Lemao | +27 (0) 51 507 3033 | email@example.com|
Join us on LinkedIn
- 06 September 2019