1st Association of Researchers in Construction Safety, Health, and Well-being Conference
Monday, June 3, 2019
Protea Hotel by Marriott® Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, Cape Town, South Africa, Cape Town, South Africa
The 1st Association of Researchers in Construction Safety, Health, and Well-Being (ARCOSH) conference provides an international forum for researchers and practitioners from developed, developing and underdeveloped nations to address fundamental construction safety, health, and well-being (SHW) issues. The broad objectives of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for multi-disciplinary interaction between academics, practitioners, and researchers;
- Provide an internationally recognised, accredited conference;
- Disseminate innovative and cutting-edge practices, and
- Contribute to the construction SHW body of knowledge.
Documents about ARCOSH
- Safe and healthy work as a positive social function
- Prevention through design
- Safety and health in developing countries
- Ethical and moral challenges / social and societal responsibility
- Zero harm vision
- Education, training, continuous improvement, and learning
- Workers’ conditions and quality of life
- Opportunities for creativity and innovation
- Social performance and construction safety and health
- Communicating safety and health
- Technology and safety and health
- Ergonomics and human factors
- Health and well being
- Older workers / Age-related issues
- People with disabilities
- Stress and work in construction
- Worker engagement and empowerment
Call for Papers
2nd Call for Papers (PDF), 05 December 2018
Abstract and Papers
Authors are invited to submit abstracts in English of not more than 200 words for peer review by the international scientific committee by not later than 30 November 2018. To produce a structured abstract that is written in a single paragraph format, please complete the following six fields relative to the paper: purpose; design; findings; value; research limitations, and practical implications. Each abstract should indicate the goal of the conference the proposed paper will address, and the name and full contact details of corresponding authors. Only authors with accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers for peer review in line with the conference milestones.
|The conference deadlines are as follows:|
|Abstract (200 words maximum)||30 November 2018|
|Notification of acceptance||30 December 2018|
|Submission of completed paper||15 February 2019|
|Notification of acceptance||27 March 2019|
|Submission of final paper||15 April 2019|
Organisers / Contact persons
Conference Chair: Prof. John Smallwood, firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Co-Chair: Prof. Fidelis Emuze, email@example.com
Conference website: http://construction.mandela.ac.za/ARCOSH
To be advised.
Protea Hotel by Marriott® Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, Cape Town, South Africa.
Conference fees (excludes accommodation and travel, includes VAT)
|Category ||Discount |
|General Delegate |
|Early Bird (27 March)||R5 405||R5 750|
|Standard||R5 750||R6 095|
|Student (F-T)||R4 313||R4 313|
|Accompanying person||R2 300||R2 300|
|Discount applies to: ACHASM / ARCOSH / ASAQS / CIB / Saiosh Members / SACPCMP registered persons|
FNB CUT rock the mighty FNB Shimlas in epic Bloem derbyCUT News Sport
FNB CUT stood firm in the final five minutes of a gruelling FNB Shimlas fightback in Bloemfontein’s CUT...
CUT and DESTEA promotes entrepreneurshipCUT News Socio-economic Development ideaGYM
Mr Lucky Sithole, CEO and Mr Bheki Mdelwa, COO from Kweli Meats (Pty) Ltd impressed the judges with...
Business Management Department celebrates top achieversManagement Sciences Business Management CUT News Students Teaching and Learning
Ms W Nompukane (middle) flaunting her awards received for the best 2nd-year student in Human Resource...