ABASA CUT student chapter is a non-profit student organisation in the Accounting and Auditing department at CUT. It is associated with the Advancement of Black Accountants in Southern African (ABASA).
It is the mission of the organisation to provide support for Central University of Technology, Free State students within the financial and accounting sphere; in order to achieve improved student academic performance and to maintain quality standards.
The objectives of the student chapter are to:
- Promote the advancement of the accounting profession.
- Support the transformation agenda of the country and the profession.
- Assist new CUT students with the integration into higher education.
- Increase participation of students in Community Engagement activities.
- Represent student perspectives and needs in the academic process.
- Provide academic support where necessary and possible.
- Promote ABASA CUT student membership on campus.
- Educate students about; the various professional accreditations available surrounding accounting in general, and the different professional accounting institutes.
It is also the intention of the organisation to measure and record the effectiveness of each activity which aims at achieving these objectives, by way of collecting public opinion on satisfaction and by keeping an attendance register. The public here referred to being the people affected by activities conducted.
CUT Public Lecture on 4th Industrial Revolution calls for us to remember our humannessFaculty of Health and Environmental Sciences CUT News
The 4th Industrial revolution is not only causing a hype around the world but comes with a lot of disruptive...
CUT students collaborate with Mangaung Metro to conduct Environmental Health survey at Joe Slovo Square townshipFaculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Life Sciences CUT News Students
CUT students from the Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences, in partnership with Mangaung Metropolitan...
CUT's Health and Environmental Sciences present Prestige Research Seminar with entrepreneurial spiritFaculty of Health and Environmental Sciences CUT News Research and Innovation
The faculty invited some of their lab equipment and consumables suppliers to exhibit their products....