Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) has a wonderful rich sporting history as it should, situated in the heartland of South Africa, the Free State province. We continue to do so with more and more sporting legends starting great professional careers at our state-of-the-art facilities.
- Zola Budd Pieterse world famous track and field champion, known as a barefoot runner.
- Os du Randt most-capped forward in the history of the South African rugby, Free State Cheetahs was his home for many years. He was in three World Cup tournaments 1995 (South Africa won), 1999, and 2007 (South Africa won).
- André Venter Springbok rugby player who was part of the 1999 Rugby World Cup squad for South Africa.
- Other Springbok rugby players: Daan Human, Gerrie Britz, Helgard Müller, Pieter Müller, Philip Smit, AJ Venter, Ashley Johnston.
- Nicky Boje played in 43 tests and 115 one-day internationals for South Africa.
- Other Protea cricketers: Johan van der Wath, Dillon du Preez
- Trevor Nyakane current rugby Springbok player, FNB CUT Ixias Varsity Shield tournament star!
- Seabelo Senatla currently playing in the Springbok sevens rugby also appointed as the best 7-a-side player in the 7`s World Tournament of 2014.
- Dean Elgar current South African cricket test player.
- Rilee Rossouw current South African cricket test player. Will join the team for the 2015 Cricket World Cup (50 over) tournament in February/March 2015.
See recent Sport Achievements
CUT and partners bring power of artificial intelligence to graduatesCUT News
CUT has introduced Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence programme (AI) to address the demand in the province,...
CUT encourages a culture that embraces inclusivity, diversity, and equalityCUT News
Discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity remains a thorny issue in South Africa...
Communiqué to the CUT Community: Heartfelt condolencesCUT News
Dear CUT CommunityDuring these trying times, we are all experiencing elevated levels of anxiety, uncertainty,...