Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees
The student support office is mandated to provide support to international students and serves as the first port of call within the Center for Global Engagement (CGE). The office provides a range of services starting from the management of the pre-registration/registration processes and the legal compliance of it. General support of international students is vital to our daily business, as we also provide support in terms of application processes, management of queries, and issuing of relevant letters in support of student studies. The following officer is responsible for the management of student support.
CUT offers a wide range of qualifications in its four faculties, namely:
- Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Visit the centralised page, programmes offered
Building global friendships and networks (Buddy programme)
Imagine travelling to a new country, without any friends or family, where people have a different culture than your own, and different customs and practices. All these factors tend to cause countless anxiety. The CUT Buddy Programme is designed to help international students settle easily into, their new host university, and adapt to campus life and local communities.
Buddies waiting for Inbound Mobility students at Bram Fischer International airport, Bloemfontein.
CUT Student, Mamotumi Aisha Lehloka: “Being a student buddy has given me the privilege to learn from international students and their different cultures, how they live also their educational system. I also want to be an exchange student one day and acquire more knowledge”.
CUT Student, Siphiwe Mkwanazi: “I have been an exchange student before which made me realize the significance of having a buddy, Hence I have gladly taken this opportunity of being a buddy to inbound students at CUT to help them integrate with the South African environment. It has helped me to improve my intercultural communication skills and continue to build global friends.”
Follow the CUT International Student Association on Facebook.
How to apply
Admissions to all international applications are subjected to each faculty qualification. requirements. All admitted international students are subjected to compliance requirements as stipulated in the university’s
Undergraduate degree-seeking applicants
To study at CUT international applicants are required to have achieved the equivalent of a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a degree endorsement. All international applicants with high school results or qualifications achieved outside of the Republic of South Africa require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of South Africa (USAf) for admission into undergraduate studies. No O-level qualifications will be accepted for studies at CUT. To process a certificate of exemption, visit the Matriculation Board. Contact details of Matriculation Board are as follows:
1st Floor, Block E, Hadefields Office Par
1267 Pretorius Street, Hatfield, Pretoria
Tel: +27 (0)10 5914401/2
Fax no: +27 (0)86 680 5727
Postgraduate degree-seeking applicants
All international applicants with foreign college/university school qualifications attained outside of the Republic of South Africa are required to evaluate their foreign qualifications with the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) for admission into studies at CUT. To evaluate your foreign qualifications, visit the SAQA website. Contact details of South African Qualification are as follows:
Helpdesk: +27 (0)860 111 673
Switchboard: +27 (0)12 431 5000
Fax: +27 (0)12 431 5147
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
NQF-related Enquiries: email@example.com
Compulsory Compliance Documents for prospective international students
- Valid Passport: All foreign nationals who are planning to take up studies at CUT are required to be in possession of a valid passport (at least 30 days more than the required extension period).
- Medical Aid: By law all Foreign nationals who are planning to take up studies at CUT are required to have a South African based medical aid as recommended by the Medical Schemes Act (Act 131 of 1998). Currently, CUT recommends the following medical aid, Momentum Health and Comp Care. Only medical aid recognized in South Africa will be accepted for enrolment at CUT. For proper guidance on recommended medical aid and application procedures contact Mr Joseph Brown Joseph@simekahealth.co.za, Tel +27 (0) 51 400 3801, during office hours (08:00-17:00).
- Study Visa: International students (passport holders) accepted for studies at CUT are required by law to upon receipt of their admission/acceptance letters, to immediately apply for a study visa in line with Immigration Amendment Act (Act 19 of 2004. The acquired study must be endorsed for studies at CUT.
- Visa Application information: If you are currently in South Africa obtain information on visa applications at www.vfsglobal.com, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +27 (0) 12 425 3000 (Monday-Friday) 08:00 to 12:00 & 13:00 to 17:00. If you are still in the country of origin, please visit the South Africa Embassy or South African High Commission in your country for guidance on study visa requirements and application procedures.
The following documentation should accompany your application to CUT:
- Certified copy of your SAQA/HESA evaluation certificate;
- Certified copies of your foreign school leaving/ college/ university qualifications;
- Certified copy of your passport
Once you have all the information, complete the CUT online application using the following link:
On-campus accommodation is available on campus on a first-come, first-serve basis. For accommodation in CUT residences, please contact the residence life administrator:
Ms Ronel Gilpin email@example.com, +27 (0)51 507 3158, during office hours CAT, 08:00-16:30.
Fees and related information
For assistance with fees and fee-related issues please send an e-mail to the following officers in our Fees and Financial aid office:
- Faculty of Management Sciences: Ms Agnes Moleme firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology: Ms Nono Mbobo email@example.com
- Faculty of Humanities: Ms Selina Shoroma firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences: Mr Mpho Chacha email@example.com
Copy firstname.lastname@example.org in all the correspondence.
Go to, Banking Details for electronic transfer or banking account details.
There are two options: South African student payment and International student payment.Uploaded: 16 August 2021
- Sejake Ceecee
- Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3885
- View details
CUT Golf team places 3rd overall in USSA Golf TournamentCUT News Sport Students
The Central University of Technology Golf team recently participated in the University Sports South Africa...
The legacy of King Moshoeshoe I is remembered at the memorial Inaugural Lecture held at CUTCUT News Partnerships International
On 07 April 2022, the Central University of Technology, National University of Lesotho, Lerotholi Polytechnic,Lesotho...
CUT signed MoU with three Institutions of Higher Learning from Lesotho to transform the education system and embrace African centered knowledgeCUT News Partnerships International
The Central University of Technology, together with Lerotholi Polytechnic, National University of Lesotho,...