First day on campus
Information on this page is relevant to first-year, new, senior and international students during enrolment/registration.
Find what you need:
1. Registration dates: 2nd Semester 2017
4. National Benchmark Test (NBT) (compulsory for all first-years)
5. Minimum Fees payable to register (3 days before you register).
7. Enrolment/Registration Guide – 2nd Sem 2017 (download full PDF Guide)
Important Dates: Course control dates starts on 18 July until 11 August 2017. No addition or cancellation of subjects will be accepted after 11 August 2017.
- Class Attendance is compulsory
- Academic Calendar 2017
- The medium of instruction is English
Bring the following documentation with you for enrolment/registration.
|Acceptance letter from CUT (if you have checked the system and you are there or received SMS, physical letter not necessary)|
|Matric Certificate Certified copy|
|Statement of Results Certified copy|
|Identity Document (ID) Certified copy|
|Proof of payment|
|Letter of Bursary/Sponsorship If applicable|
Tuition Fees Payable
Note: Financial information will be updated. Fees are determined by the University Council on annual basis and are subject to revision without prior notice. At the time of registration, students undertake to pay all fees due on time and in term of the rules of the University. Students will be permitted to register only if they have deposited the fees into the Central University of Technology, Free State bank account. No cash will be accepted on campus by the University Cashiers. All students must produce a deposit slip for the under-mentioned amounts.
Minimum Initial Payment (Registration) Before the student is permitted to register at CUT, the University requires such student to make a minimum payment of R6 165.00. Please note that all applicable fees must be deposited into the CUT bank account at least 72 hours (3 working days) prior to your date of registration. Students that cannot afford the stated minimum initial payment will be dealt with as detailed in the Finance Guide -2017.
Minimum Initial Payment (Residence)
Student applying for a place in the University residences are required to pay the minimum initial deposit as follows:
- Semester Students – R 2 200.00
Important Financial Matters
- 2017 Financial Guideline, 13 Jan 2017 Financial Appeal Guideline
- Remarks by the Minister of Higher Education and Training on 12 Jan 2017
- Financial Registration Guidelines for International Students, 13 Jan 2017
Clarification of declaration on NSFAS related matters
- 31 January 2017: Department of Higher Education and Training(DHET) and NSFAS meet with University SRCs (PDF)
- 07 February 2017: DHET and NSFAS meet with University SRCs (PDF)
DHET grant to cover the 8% fee increment Students who have applied for the DHET grant to cover the 8% fee increment and were not successful have the option to appeal by completing the form.
- Letter to Universities South Africa from DHET on 2017 Fee Adjustment Grant (PDF)
- DHET application for 2017 Fee Adjustment Grant (PDF)
- Process Map for the identification and verification of the missing middle cohort (PDF)
- Communique on student funding matters (PDF)
- Appeal form: Unsuccessful DHET fee adjustment grant application (MS Word)
Bloemfontein Campus Enrolment/Registration Guide – 2nd Sem 2017 | Dates, what, where, when, fees – to assist with enrolment/registration process.
Do you know what you have to enrol for? Why stand in long queues when you can register off-campus and online! Online Registration
Quick Reference: Steps to follow in completing the online registration processes:
- Make your way to any computer lab in the Student Academic Support Centre Bloemfontein campus to register online on campus.
- Alternatively, you may utilise your own resources (computer and internet) to register online off-campus.
First-years can also use online registration if you are sure you have it all in place.
Download the full guide above for all the information you need.
Generic Pin code: For all new students is 10101 please remember to change your pin after registration.
Collect your student card, internet access form and/or parking disc (if applicable) in the Student Academic Support Centre, ground floor reception area (Bloemfontein Campus) – bring your proof of registration.
Updated: 19 June 2017