The Careers Office equips students with the necessary competencies to successfully compete in the highly competitive labour market and to connect graduates with employers in different sectors of the economy. The following services are offered:
- Job hunting skills
- Mock Interviews – an opportunity to improve on interview skills/experience
- Graduate recruitment that involves the following:
- Arranging on-campus company presentations and networking events
- Organising an annual Career Fair on both campuses
- Distributing career and job related information
- Maintaining a student CV data base
- Maintaining employer data base
- Keeping a careers library with e-careers resources
- Managing the Student Temporary Employment Programme (STEP), where needy students get the opportunity to work on campus
Connecting industry and CUT graduates!
Outshine your peers in the job market by preparing yourself. Our experts have compiled information to assist you from start to finish – including our budding entrepreneurs!
- What is the difference between Job Hunting and Career Search?
- NEW! Industry Trends in South Africa | Salary Trends
- Job search strategies
- Potential sources of employment opportunities
- Websites for jobseekers
- Leverage LinkedIn to find a career
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 5 Critical steps in writing your CV
- Will employers check your references?
- NEW! CV Format
- e-CUT Portfolio
- Convince the employer
- The elevator pitch
- NEW! Common interview questions and answers
- NEW! Dress for success
- NEW! Virtual interview
Recruitment and the Workplace
- Psychometric tests as recruitment method
- How to write a professional e-mail
- Tips on office etiquette
- Overcome procrastination
- How leaders should plan their career
- How to set and achieve goals
- Different types of workplace training
- Career Fair Success
- Graduate Attributes
Career Fair 2017: Exhibition Registration Form
CUT’s Annual Career Fair is a fantastic opportunity for recruiters of companies to hand-pick the next employee(s), by enlisting innovative career orientated graduates.
Dates of the Career Fairs
Welkom Campus: 09 May 2017
Bloemfontein Campus: 16 May 2017
Closing date for bookings: 21 April 2017
Download PDF Exhibition registration form (more details about the packages and fairs included).
Ms Maritha Bosch
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3721 | E-mail: email@example.com | Office: Student Academic Support Centre, Room 132
Updated: 20 March 2017