This information is relevant for prospective students who were identified to write the selection test for and planning to study in 2nd Semester of 2017.
If it was not communicated to you that you should write the selection test, it is not necessary.
The Central University of Technology via the Wellness Centre administers the selection for prospective students. Selection/ Admissions tests are conducted to give an alternative opportunity to students who do not meet the minimum admission requirements of 27 points.
The selection testing combines a series of tests which assesses aptitude and proficiency in English. Other courses will have departmental tests and interest questionnaires. This will be advised during the testing process.
Can I prepare for an aptitude/proficiency test?
- There is no work you can study for an aptitude or a proficiency test. The tests are designed to assess knowledge and skills you already have.
- The test takes about 3 ½ hours to complete.
What to bring to the testing centre:
- CUT letter permitting you to write a selection
- Copy of Matric certificate /Grade 12 Results
- Copy of FET qualifications if applicable
- Copy of ID document
- You will be provided with a pencil and eraser.
- Cell phones and calculators are not permitted.
How do I access the results? After administration, Wellness Centre will process results within two days of writing and send them to faculties for final decision. You are welcome to contact the relevant person in your programme for the outcome. Selection tests are not NBT’s, the National Benchmark Test information can be found here.
Selection tests have closed.
The next round of tests will commence in June 2017 and will be for the intake of prospective students in Engineering progammes only.
Ms Magauta Kenke (Bloemfontein Campus)
Tel: +27(0) 51 507 3705 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 15 February 2017