Download CUT's online learning (PDF)
ICT Call Centre
CUT has established a Call Centre to assist you with ICT inquiries related to online learning. This includes:
- Data and device support
- Help with connection issues
- Update of cellphone numbers
Call the centre on 051 507 4166 during business hours (08h00 to 16h30).
Important Data Contact Information
Report data challenges: firstname.lastname@example.org | 051 507 4166
Zero-rated data Access
Connecting to the VPN gives you access to learning and work-related CUT resources at zero cost.
All changes will be communicated on this webpage only. Neither the Central University of Technology, Free State nor the Mobile Service Providers (MTN, Vodacom, Cell C, and Telkom Mobile) can be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic, however, caused, which may result directly or indirectly from the use of this service. The Central University of Technology reserves the right to terminate this service with any user if the user is found to be in contravention of any applicable South African law or of any applicable Central University of Technology. Furthermore, the Central University of Technology reserves the right to terminate this service if it deems it no longer necessary to address access requirements or in its best interests. Access to this service is monitored by the Central University of Technology. Zero-rated data is only applicable when using 3G/LTE connectivity, and you are in South Africa. By logging into the myaccess.cut.ac.za service, you accept these terms and conditions.
Students can contact Finance via e-mail
Finance enquiries can be done e-mail.
Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology:
Faculty of Management Sciences:
Faculty of Humanities:
Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences:
Access to CUT online resources
Access to other online resources
- University College London Press: e-books open access
- Online academic resource JSTOR: Materials Accessible to the Public
- ScienceDirect opens Elserivier textbooks online for the next three months
- Taylor & Francis is giving free access to the pre-1997 content of the three journals throughout May & June.
- UCT’s monograph publishing programme.
- Springer Science and Technology text books free (PDF)
- List of Open textbooks, books and learning resources (docx)
More sources for studying remotely
- Guidelines for students: how to focus on your studies during the lockdown (PDF)