Extra classes are run by the SAA annually from February to October offering tuition to Grades 11 and 12 for English, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Accounting and Engineering Graphics and Design. The aim of this project is to assist learners in obtaining better grades to further their studies in Science, Engineering and Technology driven courses at institutions of Higher Education. Enrolment to the project takes place in January annually. The project is made possible by the support of our various sponsors.
The purpose of these classes is to enable learners to better prepare and to improve their grades for admission to STEM-related courses in higher education.
Learners are also exposed to Engineering-related courses at CUT.
The following classes will be offered to Grade 11 and Grade 12 learners during 2018:
- Mathematics (Separate classes for Algebra (Paper 1) and Geometry (Paper 2)
- Physical Science (Separate classes for Physics (Paper 1) and Chemistry (Paper 2)
- Life Sciences
- Engineering Graphics and Design
Apply for 2018
Read the arrangements for Saturday School (PDF), the subjects offered and cost of attending.
If after you have read the arrangements, and you are interested in the school, complete the following steps to apply:
1. Check the Saturday School Year plan (PDF). You need to commit to attending all the dates on the schedule. Be sure you can do so.
2. Download and complete the following forms: