The Department of Accounting and Auditing presents the following short courses:
- IFRS & IAS 2016
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & International Accounting Standards (IAS) 2016
Upcoming Updates & Changes
Candidates will obtain comprehensive knowledge of various IFRS standards together with examples and illustrations indicating how these standards should be implemented in practice. You can’t teach accounting without examples. The practical examples make this training event unique and different from the rest.
Your Esteemed Course Leader: Prof. (HA) Hentie Van Wyk PhD CA (SA)
Highest Academic Qualification: PhD (CA (SA)) He is currently lecturing Advanced Accounting to aspirant chartered accountants on the postgraduate level. He is also involved in the MBA and MDP programmes of the Business School of the Faculty of Economic and Management sciences. He also presents update courses on a yearly basis to practicing accountants countrywide. He is very involved in the affairs of the accounting profession. He is currently serving as a Board member of the Free State Society of Chartered Accountants and was President of the Society in 1994. He also served on the Board and Exco of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants for several years. He is also extensively involved in the community. He is an Officer in his Church, serving on the Management Body of Grey College and is the acting Treasurer of the Free State Cricket Union and is serving on the Finance Committee of the United Cricket Board of South Africa. Prof Hentie van Wyk lectures to final year aspirant CA students and is an International Financial Accounting Standards expert who also facilitates workshops nationally and internationally. He is actively doing research on Public Sector Accounting issues.
- This is a full update course over two days on new developments of IFRS.
- This course is a must for those that need to enhance their knowledge and is relevant to the financial accounting experts that want to be updated on the newest updates. New developments are always the most interesting part of the training and in this training, it is no exception.
- Integrated reporting paved the way for future reporting, whilst the new revenue recognition principles and the new leases standard will be very interesting.
- Candidates will obtain comprehensive knowledge of various IFRS standards together with examples and illustrations indicating how these standards should be implemented in practice.
- You can’t teach accounting without examples. The practical examples make this training event unique and different from the rest.
Benefits of Attending
- This IFRS course will provide the newest updates
- Apply the most recent and revised standards.
- Obtain comprehensive knowledge of various IFRS standards.
- Understand the NEW REVISED IFRS for SMEs : SHORT OVERVIEW OF DIFFERENCES WITH IFRS
- IFRS 15 REVENUE FROM CONTRACTS WITH CUSTOMERS (New)
Who Should Attend
- Chief Financial Officers
- Financial Directors
- Financial Managers
- Financial Controllers
- Financial Administrators
- Chartered Accountants
- Management Accountants
- Audit Committee Members
- Senior Book Keepers
- General Managers
- Accounting Officers
- The Auditors ( Partners/ Managers/ Trainees)
- Other Financial Statements Users
- Municipality ( Head Of Finance/ All Finance Personnel)
- Finance Departments Personnel
- Finance Clerks
- Finance Interns
- Senior Managers
Download Course Content (PDF)
Download Registration Form (PDF)
The course will cost R4999.00 per delegate.
Ms Sibongile Zondi
Tel: +27 51 507 3585 | Fax: +27 51 507 3835 | E-mail: email@example.com
Created: 14 September 2016