An in-house, non-accredited journal of the CUT that serves as a unique tool for publication of work in progress.
Access the Interim : Interdisciplinary Journal via Sabinet Online (you will be taken to an external link).
The Interim is a CUT product; some facts about the publication:
- It is an in-house interdisciplinary developmental academic journal that gives new researchers the opportunity to publish their research.
- Twenty editions of the Interim were published between 2002 and 2013, constituting close to 220 papers.
- The Interim serves as a unique outlet to publish work in progress and aims at developing scientific writing skills in publishing research that meet an acceptable standard of research and writing.
- It provides an opportunity for academic staff to develop editorial skills in serving on the editorial board.
- The Interim especially affords next generation researchers the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the intricacies and challenges of publishing.
- The purpose is to build confidence in publication writing, to have supportive critique and to gain experience in meeting the requirements for publication. Once a paper had been published in the Interim, it can be re-worked and be submitted to an accredited journal.
Interested in publishing in the Journal?
Guidelines for publication in Interim
Contact: Research and Development
Updated: 3 April 2014