Curriculum and academic staff development offer the following services:
- Implements Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as well as institutional policies related to curriculum, teaching and learning and academic development initiatives.
- Oversees the process of curriculum design and development for all programmes and the core curriculum, and ensures the alignment of these with the institutional and national policy framework, expectations of professional bodies and other key stakeholders.
- Ensures the academic credibility of programmes.
- Plans, co-ordinates and implements innovative, effective and efficient strategies to integrate into the curriculum.
- Supports academic staff to incorporate service learning, sustainable development and community engagement in Teaching and Learning, as well as curriculum.
- Ensures support for underprepared students through foundation and extended programmes.
- Coordinates and implements Professional development for academic staff.
- Induction and mentorship of new academic staff.
- Coordinates the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards.
- Initiates and coordinates curriculum renewal and transformation initiatives.
- Coordinates curriculum related projects.
Deputy Director: Ms Chichi Maimane
Tel: +27 0(51) 507 3281 | E-mail: email@example.com | Library & Information Services (LIS), Room 312G
Curriculum Development practitioners
Ms Abigail Edem
Tel: +27 0(51) 507 3861 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |Library & Information Services (LIS), Room 312C
Mr DM Letloenyane
Tel: +27 0(51) 507 3824 | E-mail: email@example.com | Centre for e-Learning and Educational Technology Building, Room 0007B
Created: 21 June 2017