10th CIDB Postgraduate Conference
25 – 27 February 2018 | Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Towards a better route to enhanced productivity, performance, and transformation of construction
Your hosting institutions
The conference will be co-hosted by the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) and the Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT).
- Conference Proceedings
- Keynote Addresses
- Aims and objectives
- Topics to be addressed
- Abstract and papers
- Deadlines and submissions
- Organisers and contacts
- Conference fees
- Registration form
The CIDB Postgraduate Conference “Towards a better route to enhanced productivity, performance, and transformation of construction” official 2018 Conference Proceedings (PDF).
- Rodney Milford: Transformation in the Construction Industry: A New Hope (PDF)
- Gaye le Roux: Ethics in Tertiary Education, post-graduate studies and Built Environment(BE) professional practice (PDF)
- Tjiamogale Eric Manchidi: Towards a better route to enhanced productivity, performance, and transformation of construction (PDF)
- Lisa Parkes: Informal settlements - Slide set 1 (PDF) | Slide set 2 (PDF)
Aim and objectives
The 10th cidb (Construction Industry Development Board) postgraduate conference aims to strengthen construction industry performance and transformation through a purposive engagement with contemporary research discourses. The broad objectives of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for multi-disciplinary interaction between academics and practitioners;
- Provide an internationally recognised, and accredited conference;
- Disseminate ground-breaking and cutting-edge practices, and
- Contribute to the built environment body of knowledge.
Topics to be addressed
To realise the aforesaid theme, the conference will address topics, which inter-alia, include:
- Construction economics and resources;
- Construction resources e.g. labour;
- Education and training;
- Multi-cultural issues;
- People in construction;
- Professional association and registration;
- Project management knowledge areas;
- Project management processes;
- Project parameters e.g. cost, health and safety, and quality;
- Skills development and transfer, and
- Sustainability and sector transformation.
Abstract and Papers
Authors are invited to submit abstracts in English of not more than 250 words for peer review by the scientific and technical committee by not later than 30 September 2017. To produce a structured abstract, please complete the following fields relative to the paper. There are six fields which are obligatory: purpose; design; findings; value; research limitations/implications, and practical implications. Each abstract should indicate the topic of the conference the proposed paper will address, and give the name and full contact details of the author to be contacted concerning the paper. Abstracts will be reviewed according to: the relevance to the topics and objectives of the conference; originality of subject matter; likely academic rigour of the proposed paper, and likely contribution to knowledge, or practical relevance, of the proposed paper.
The conference deadlines are as follows:
- Abstract (250 words maximum): 30 September 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 17 October 2017
- Submission of completed paper: 25 November 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 20 January 2018
- Submission of final paper: 30 January 2018
Abstracts: E-mail to Dr E Allu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers: Accepted papers should be submitted via Easy Chair.
Organisers and Contact persons
Academic Programme Chair: Prof. Fidelis Emuze, email@example.com
Technical Programme Chair: Prof. John Smallwood, John.Smallwood@mandela.ac.za
Accommodation: Chapman Hotel
Venue: Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine, Marine Drive, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Excludes accommodation and travel.
CIB/Voluntary Association Member / cidb / Statutory BE Council registered
|Registered at one of the bodies above||R 4 000.00 + 14% VAT|
|Non-ditto||R 4 500.00 + 14% VAT|
|Students (Full-time)||R 2 750.00 + 14% VAT|
|Accompanying persons||R 2 250.00 + 14% VAT|
Form updated on: 20/2/2018
Download and complete the registration form (PDF) further instruction is on the form.
Updated: 12 June 2018