An engaged unit that supports innovative practices for teaching and learning
To create a conducive teaching and learning environment
We embrace the following core values and skills, which we seek to standardise in all our operations:
- Customer service – Do I always place people/clients I serve first? Would I have been happy/satisfied with the service I rendered?
- Integrity – Do I practice what I preach? Am I ethical and professional? Do I always uphold conduct that is informed by respect, honesty and dignity
- Diversity – Do I observe and respect diversity of students, staff and other stakeholders in whatever I do in promoting quality learning and teaching? Do I acknowledge and respect different cultures?
- Innovation – Do I always think of new ideas and approaches to doing things? Is this the best way/method/process/product to enhance teaching and learning practices at CUT? Have I considered doing it differently? How creative am I?
- Excellence – Do I continuously strive to improve on previous efforts? Was this my best effort? Do I strive for quality at all times and in all that I do?
Our goals are to:
- Improve the throughput rate by enhancing academic staff’s capabilities through staff and professional development activities and courses.
- Ensure development of new and transformation of existing learning programmes.
- Enhance the student learning experience through development and provision of programmes aimed at creating enabling environments.
- Create a technology-rich teaching and learning environment for lecturers and students to effectively utilise educational technology.
- Enhance student success through learning-centered approaches to teaching and learning.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning through among other things, the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Back to ILT main page
Created: 21 June 2017